|York City WWTP Phase I
Owner: York City Sewer Authority
Engineer: Buchart-Horn, Inc.
Contractor: Johnston Construction Company
JCC, as General Contractor, provided procurement, construction, and commissioning services under two public-bid fixed price contracts for a total of $6.92 million for the upgrade of the York City Waste Water Treatment Plant to meet stringent Chesapeake Bay standards for nitrogen and phosphorus.
The upgrade provides increased solids handling capacity to handle future ENR loading thorough the following work which was accomplished while maintaining existing plant operations:
- New Two (2ea) Komline-Sanderson gravity belt thickeners and associated equipment, piping, and odor control system.
- Potassium permanganate storage and feed system, equipment, and piping.
- Polymer feed system, equipment and piping.
- Sludge holding tank renovations, odor control system and piping.
- Reconfiguration of various yard pipes to optimize the process.
- Replacement of the primary sludge pumps and piping.
- Replace scum pump station and piping.
- Install Liquid Dynamics Jet Mix digester mixing system in three digesters.
- Replace sludge recirculation pumps, grinders and piping in three digesters.
- Renovate scum box.
- Remove primary effluent/decant pump station.
This fast tracked, phased project is scheduled to be complete in time for the phase two improvement to begin on-schedule.